Important Info About Enrolling & Registering for New and Returning Students at Spark! Discovery Preschool for 2022-2023:
It is time to enroll for preschool for the 2022-2023 school year, and we still have vacancies!
DESCRIPTION OF PRESCHOOL PROGRAMMING OPTIONS in 2022-2023:
Our class schedules are:
AM session: 8:30 – 11:10 am, Mon – Thurs AM
PM session: 12:25 – 3:05 pm, Mon – Thurs PM
Full day preschool session: 8:30 am – 3:05 pm, Mon – Thurs
There are 4 ways to enroll:
Tuition-based Preschool: Tuition-based preschool opportunities are offered for four half-day options for both three and four year old students, depending on the schedule. All children must be toilet trained. All classrooms are half-day mornings or afternoons. Monthly program fees apply and are based on the half day sessions:
- Mon – Thurs AM or Mon – Thurs PM: $350 per month, for 3-4 year olds by Oct 1, 2022
- Mon – Thurs full day preschool: $720 per month, for 4 year olds only by Oct 1, 2022. Lottery-based due to limited availability.
Full Day Preschool: We have a small number of full day tuition-based placements in full day programming. Classes are held on Monday – Thursday from 8:30am – 3:05 pm. Students in this class must be 4 years old by Oct 1. Children enrolled in this class must be fully toilet trained. A lottery for placement occurs annually. Students with special needs or who are participating in screening/evaluation through Child Find are not eligible for full day programming, as the class is designed for CPP and tuition-based students who are transitioning to kindergarten the following year.
Colorado Preschool Program (CPP): CPP is a state-funded, free program for eligible children identified with certain qualifiers. To qualify for this program, families are required to attend a 60-minute screening with staff from the SVVSD Early Childhood CPP office. If a child qualified for a scholarship this year, they are likely to qualify for CPP in their second year. Children qualifying for CPP are required to attend four half-days per week and maintain excellent attendance. All children must be toilet trained. All students enrolled in CPP must be age 4 on or before Oct 1. A number of CPP students will qualify for full day programming, and this is by invitation only and requires SVVSD placement by the Early Childhood Office. As staff in the office at Spark! Discovery Preschool are not delegated to conduct screenings, determine placement or qualification, or to speak to the timing of a family’s CPP application, the best contact for CPP applications is at the SVVSD Early Childhood office at 303-702-7815.
Scholarship-based preschool program: Scholarships, funded by St. Vrain Valley Schools, offers programming for children who are 3 years old by Oct 1, as funding is available for eligible and qualifying families. All children must be toilet trained. As staff in the office at Spark! Discovery Preschool are not delegated to conduct screenings, determine placement or qualification, or to speak to the timing of a family’s Scholarship application, the best contact for applications is at the SVVSD Early Childhood office at 303-702-7815.
Special Education preschool program: Any preschooler who has been evaluated, deemed eligible, and qualified for special education services will be placed by the school district. More information will be sent to families by the special education and early childhood departments later in the spring. If concerned about a child’s development, families should contact the SVVSD Child Find office.
REGISTRATION / ENROLLMENT PROCESS
STEP #1: APPLY/REGISTER FOR NEXT YEAR STARTING DEC 1- 15, 2022: Families applying for tuition-based, full-day preschool, Colorado Preschool Program (CPP), or Scholarship for the ’22-’23 school year must go online and fill out an electronic application and registration for the type of program for which they are applying (see below for a program description). All families — NEW AND RETURNING– are required to complete an online application/registration (ie. those children in special education with an Individual Education Plan (IEP)). As in the past, parents of children with special needs will receive information about next steps from the special education and early childhood departments.
STEP #2: APPLICATION/REGISTRATION ACCEPTED / DENIED: After the application period is over, the application will be approved or denied by the school and families will receive notification. Tuition-based families will receive information from the school via email from Amy ([email protected]). CPP and Scholarship applications are sent to the early childhood department office and this department will contact parents and families to conduct screenings; they also notify the school and parents/family when a child qualifies for CPP or a scholarship.
STEP #3: COMPLETE ENROLLMENT: After being accepted, families will:
1) Deposit: For families who are accepted through our tuition-based program, a $65 non-refundable deposit for the 2022-2023 school year will be required. The deposit is needed to hold a child’s placement. We accept checks or exact cash at our front office. Returning tuition-based families will also have an option to pay the deposit on line in Rev-track, if they call Stacey to request this at 720-652-7906. CPP, Scholarship, and Special Education enrollments do not pay a deposit.
2) Upload Documents: Parents should expect to upload the following documents during online enrollment process: Immunizations, Birth Certificate, and Proof of Residency (water bill, electric bill, etc.). If computer/ scanner access is an issue, families can come to the school, where our Registrar / Attendance Clerk, Amy Guzman, can make a copy and upload these documents to complete the paperwork process. Her email is [email protected].
3) School-based Paperwork: A General Health Appraisal form and annual paperwork required each year will be updated in August with each family at our orientation sessions, prior to having returning children start school.
UNIVERSAL SCREENINGS in Preschool: All newly accepted preschool students will receive a developmental screening. If a child has already been attending the school and had a screening, they will not need to do this again. The school’s office staff will contact families between February and August to schedule an appointment. Children who qualify for special education do not take this screening. Due to COVID, we are awaiting more information from the Early Childhood Education office.
Please call our school at 720-652-7906 if you have any questions about registration and enrollment for preschool for next school year!