Spark! Discovery Preschool has offered high-quality preschool programs in for more than a decade. Our engaging and comprehensive curriculum is taught by licensed teachers and gives students a competitive advantage that prepares them for kindergarten and beyond.
For the 2023-2024 school year, both an AM and PM session will be offered, Monday-Thursday with a full-day option available for some students, as determined by the early childhood office. Registration began January 17, 2023, and classes begin in August for the 2023-2024 school year.
Universal Preschool (UPK) in Colorado ensures that every child (four years of age on or before Oct 1st), in the year before they are eligible for kindergarten, is eligible for free preschool beginning in the 2023-24 school year. Three-year-olds with certain qualifying factors are eligible for part-day (10 hours) preschool programming.
Informational Links related to Universal Preschool:
We’re excited for the opportunities that Universal Preschool will bring to our community beginning in the fall of 2023. Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is going on now.
- Children who are 4 years old on or before October 1 (in the year before they are eligible for kindergarten) will receive free part-day preschool.
- Opportunities for additional hours of free preschool are available at certain schools for qualifying 4-year-olds. Qualifying 3-year-olds are eligible for part-day (10 hours) of preschool programming.
- Please visit the UPK website to review the qualifying factors.
- Tuition-based and scholarship opportunities are also available for 3-year-olds.
To register for the 2023-24 school year:
All families with 3-year-olds who will pay tuition (no qualifying factors) need to apply here: 3-YEAR-OLD TUITION APPLICATION 2023-2024
Technical assistance and support is available at Spark! Discovery Preschool, by appointment to help with the application process. Contact Amy Yanez, Registrar, at 720-652-7906 to make an appointment.
Preschool Program options:
In addition to Universal Preschool, St. Vrain offers other enrollment options for qualifying students. Preschoolers must be three or four years of age on or before October 1 to enroll. Preschool programming offers the following opportunities for students:
TUITION BASED PRESCHOOL:
St. Vrain Valley’s preschool programs meet quality standards and state licensing requirements. Classes are limited in size with low adult to child ratios.
- Tuition rate for the 3 year old part day preschool program is $538/month
- Tuition payments are per month for nine months
- Four part-day classes (Monday – Thursday, AM or PM)
- For 4 year olds who qualify for only part day UPK but want to enroll in a full day program, the tuition portion will be $404/month
- Students must be three or four years of age on or before October 1
- Parents/guardians must complete the district preschool application
CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES:
Whom do I contact if I have concerns about my child’s development?
Call childfind secretary, Jodie Guerrieri, at Child Find (303-772-6649) to schedule a screening.
At what age are children eligible to receive services in Special Education? The District is required to provide special education to eligible children when a child reaches their 3rd birthday.
If a child qualifies for Special Education and a preschool program is recommended, is the child guaranteed a placement in the school of attendance/residency? No, the district must provide a free appropriate public education that meets the individualized needs of the child and sometimes this means attending an appropriate preschool outside of the attendance area. The district has a limited number of preschool programs therefore, the attendance/residency area program may be full when the child is identified for special education. In this case, another program would be recommended.
Identification & Eligibility: Eligibility is determined by Child Find at district Student Services. To schedule a screening appointment, call 303-772-6649
Tuition: No charge to parents for eligible programs and services